Sunday, May 11, 2014

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Good evening once again, my readers.  I did not get as much done today as I would have liked - but I did get started on Nethyrmaul, as promised, as well as powered through two figures today.  So, let's get to it, shall we?

We'll start, as always, with the WIP I ended out yesterday with.  Let's hear it for the lovely and exotic Belle, Steampunk Heroine from reaper Miniatures:


 Next up is a little more experimental piece, Reaper's Runelord Alaznist:


 I say this piece is experimental not because of anything on the main body of the figure, but because of the spell effect at the end of the want, which I used a blue Glaze and a bright yellow to make look like it was emitting a rather hot flame.  I like how it looks, but local opinion has been mixed:


And finally, the moment you've been waiting for, the first steps in the monstrosity that is Nethyrmaul.  This one is going to take me quite a while to do, mostly due to picking out all the scales and the rotting skin between the wings.  But it will be quite awesome once it's finished:


That's all from me today.  Since you all like looking at my finished minis, I'm going to start photographing the ones that I haven't posted up anywhere yet, and I'll post those up when needed.  But that shouldn't be needed for a few days yet, as I will have plenty of time and will most certainly post up my progress on Nethyrmaul from day to day - though you all will likely be sick of seeing him by the time this project is done!

Until next time, readers...  Paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment