Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Project Update 05/07/2014: Drawing Closer

Hello once again, readers.  I'm here once again with an update on what I've gotten done today.  Progress continues on the competition piece, and I've managed to finish up the base that I've been working on.  I think everyone will agree that it looks a lot better finished than it did last night.

So, let's start off with the work in progress - this time with multiple angles so you can see some of the new tricks I've been trying to work in with it:

We'll start with a side view, where you can see some of the rust I've added to the halberd, as well as the glowing runes on the helmet:


The front, where you can see the chainmail and the first layer of the black backing:


And the back, which is almost entirely black (with a few exceptions):


 And, finally, the base that I've spent rather more time on that normal:


It is coming together quite well for these two projects, and I should definitely be finished by the end of the weekend - something I very much look forward to!

An that will do it from me tonight.  Tomorrow's a gaming night, so I'll spend some time talking a little about color selection, and how much of a difference that it can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment