Saturday, August 2, 2014

Primed for August

Greetings once more, readers mine.  Thank you for all the views you gave me yesterday - too bad I didn't have the update ready for you all yet...  But let me make up for that now, with some pics of the latest batch of stuff I've primed up and have ready to hit the painting table:


First off, we have a vampiress from Games Workshop... that I've managed to completely forget the name of...  Well, she's one that I stole the hand from for Lady Avery's sculpt, so I decided to replace her dainty little hand and fine sword... with a Warhammer 40K power axe.  Well, I never said that I had good taste, but I do like the image of a woman wielding a weapon near as large as she is:


Next up we have a lovely dwarf lass that...  Well, I guess her axe is pretty sizable as well.  Well, at least she looks stout enough to wield it properly:


The march of ladies continues with something that's a bit less obvious - one of the Warhammer Dryads.  Definitely feminine, if you get a good look at them - but mostly what you see is wood.


Speaking of wood, this druid - Tobias Winterborn - makes a striking figure, with his longspear in one hand and his pose being held up by a rather impressive vine.  He'll be a fun one to paint up - after I finish my next big guy (you all know who I mean):






And finally, we come to our main attraction:  The villainous County Mannfred from Warhammer Fantasy.  He's the next competition piece I have to paint up - and he's a nasty looking fellow.  Here's the picture you would have gotten if I had been on the ball and posted yesterday:





And here's what you're patience gets you: all primed up and waiting the brush to make him glow - though he already has that sort of silent film, black and white feel to him (though I doubt that just taking this in will win me as many votes):


That's all from me today.  Tune in tomorrow to see how the 'good' count develops - and I may have another 3d render for you all - if I can figure out everything for the software...  Until then, folks - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment