Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A True Highlight of the Woodland Scene

Greetings once more, Readers.  My, it's been a bit, hasn't it?  Well, you'll all be happy to know that I've had a very successful weekend of gaming - winning one event, and taking the participation prize in the second - but that also means that I did not get a lot done over the weekend.  But not to fret, readers - I am quite pleased to say that I have finished up another figure today - this time the majestic Spirit of the Forest, from Reaper Miniatures:


Now, isn't that a friendly smile?   I was somewhat inspired by a similar color scheme that a friend did for this same figure not long ago (if I can get his permission, you all may get to see that version for yourselves), with a few twists.  For one thing, teh brilliant crimson vine wrapping the figure's lower body, as well as the color of the fellow's eyes (the same leaf green on the plantlife on him).  I'd say that he came out rather well - particularly as he only took me a bit under the play length of Event Horizon to paint up.


Well, I don't think he much cared for that movie - too much blood, I reckon. Either that, or it was just too scary for him...  Either way, that's all I have for you all tonight.  Be sure to tune in tomorrow to see what I get done - particularly as it'll signal another long patch before I have something new to post up.  But after that?  Things should be back to normal - and after I finish out the next competition piece shortly after getting back, I'm going to get started on the next big project of mine - and shall I say, it should be rather...  super?

Tune in next time, folks - and until then, paint on!

PS: Be glad I decided to steer clear of some of the titles I was thinking of.  Entirely accurate, in a pre-40s style of slang - but the words would not have been deemed particularly appropriate in this day and age.  Besides, I don't know of many farmers who would trade for him.  ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment