Tuesday, August 19, 2014

He's dead, Jim

Greetings, all.  It is time once more to see what I've accomplished today.  Nothing spectacular, nothing grand.  Not even anything living (well, OK, nothing representing anything living) - I give you the 90% finished Dead Dwarf from Stonehaven Miniatures:






I say this figure is at 90% because when I finished up with him...  I decided that he would be rather fitting to put on a snowy base.  I've whipped the base up (1" wooden disc with Citadel snow technical paint), and tomorrow - after that dries - I'm going to glue the figure on, lightly wet the figure with a light glue mix (basically 10% adhesive, just enough to get it to stick unevenly), the sprinkle on some Baking Soda to make it look like the fellow died after a deep freeze followed by a light snowfall (which should let the colors show through).  Tune in tomorrow, and you'll see how it turns out.

And that's really pretty much it from me today.  Who knows what tomorrow brings - and until it comes, paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment