Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The perfect mate for that seaside rendezvous

Greetings once more, readers.  I am glad to say that Cthulhu came along a lot faster than I had expected - though I shouldn't be surprised, as I only used a total of 3 color triads on him...  As big as he is, the work goes fast when you're not swapping between a dozen different color sets:


A rather massive figure, and the post (as well as the sandy floor) does give him something of the look of swimming through water.


I see you!  It's not often I get to work with eyes that are large enough to actually do something with, so I like to put in that little extra bit of detail when I get the chance.  And here, it just adds that little extra bit of creepiness.


And anther full body shot, looking at one of the many boxes of figures that I have yet to paint - they're primed, they're mostly washed, but they're still waiting on the brush to come to them.  Someday, figures, someday.

That's all from me today, folks.  I spent about two hours on this hulk, but I am very glad with the results - not to mention, the pictures came out rather well, despite the lighting (it's just not in a good spot for these pictures).  Tune in tomorrow when I paint...  Well, it'll be something small, since it'll be may last chance to go at something with the brushes for a while.  Until then, folks - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment