Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'd say I'm impartial, but it's only half a job

Hey, all.  Not much to report for this week - ended up doing a lot of non-painting stuff yesterday (including a massive run to finish out Shovel Knight - great game, if you're in to retro-style action platformers), and started work on assembling a Warhammer Fantasy Wood Elf army today (long ways to go with that - especially with mixing up the left and right legs on one of the figures >.<).  But I did get something done.

I've recently gotten into Heroclix - which, of course means a whole pile of poor-to-decently painted figures.  One in particular - a Crimson Cowl figure - came without paint on the skin areas.  Well, I'm not going to let something like that slide - not when it would take a short time to paint it up and make it look like a proper figure - even if the rest of it, well, doesn't.  Some black brush-on primer, a few minutes with the Reaper Light Skin triad, and a touch of Blue Liner and a Blood Red around the painted parts (and the attached parts), and here's what you get:






Not the greatest of figures, but the paint job will certainly make her stand out when she hits the table.  Which, being Heroclix, I may well have to find a way to do that.

That's all for me, for now.  I'll post up a pic once I've assembled the start of my Wood Elf army, and once I've more things painted - which, likely, will not be on the morrow.  Until then, folks - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment