Sunday, June 29, 2014

... But he's certainly not Rock and Roll

Heya, folks.  First off, let me say that I had hoped to get an update up yesterday, but Internet troubles got in my way.  Fear not, though - I have plenty to show for the delay - so let's get to it, shall we?


We'll start off with the lady herself, the cowgirl that I showed you in progress on Wednesday.  Everything came together quite well, I think, and she is ready to kick butt and take names!  But she's not the only one...






Here's the wizard that I was also working on at the same time.  Even though much of the palette's  the same between them, the final look is quite different!  It truly is amazing what color selection can do for you.


Next up we have a figure that is altogether different.  A I'm using him for a D&D 4th Ed game that I'm getting ready to join up with, and I have to say that Ragni Olafsson is looking ready and rearing to go!  Though I really should write up a backstory for him before game time rolls around...  Brought to you thanks to DGS Games Urgrathar Wolfkarl - an awesome fig form an awesome company!


And, last, but most certainly not least, we have a two-for-one special.  Those of you who have seen The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising will surely recognize Male and Female Luster in these figs.  You'll recall that these aren't the first Dorkness Rising figures that I've painted up - that honor belongs to the pile of dead bards that I painted earlier - but they're always a blast to paint - and these are some of the most straightforward figures I've painted in quite a while, only taking a total of 14 distinct colors to finish out.

That's all from me for this weekend.  Tune in Tuesday, when I should have even more to show off - right now, I'm thinking Flynn the Bard or The Shadow (the Shadow?  The Shadow...) - but you never know until it gets here.  Until then, folks - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment