Monday, July 7, 2014

Holiday + Family = Little Paint Time

Hey, all.  I hope you all of you from here in the US had a good National Blow Up the Sky Day.  Obviously, I had a rather busy weekend, a lot of it good, some of it less so.  The most obvious deficit, however, has been on the painting table - I simply did not have enough time to get anything done over the weekend - and since this is my creative blog, not my prattle on blog, that also meant no new posts from me.

But, the dry streak ends today.  I received a commission from a friend over the weekend to paint a character model for him, and that's just what I've started on:






This is Avery, from Kaelo's journals.  A mounted warrior of aristocratic descent who acts in part as the group's de facto leader.

I'm only about halfway done at this point, but she is coming along quite nicely.  There will be a few more colors in there to spice things up - and, of course, the static grass on the ground - but you can definitely see where the figure is going - and I, for one, am quite happy with the progress.

That's all for today, folks.  Tune in tomorrow, when I should have this piece finished up - and may even get on to the next piece, whatever that may be.  Until then...  Paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment