Sunday, June 1, 2014

A day lost, a day gained

Greetings once more, readers!  A hectic day yesterday meant that nothing really got done - but a more serene day today means that things are now continuing apace.  I have a bit to cover today - from the results of last month's painting competition to a new stand to help spice up the pictures, to a new figure completed (though not what you think).

We'll start with the news:  If you remember this guy:






From the start of the month, he managed to take the victory in the painting competition, against a trio of Space Marines!  Hoo-rah!  This month is a vehicle or mount of some description - and you can be sure that I'll be taking pics as the project rolls along.

But for tonight, I did make some more progress on the dragon:


And what's that he's standing on?  Why, the new stand I mentioned earlier!  It's a piece of Games Workshop terrain (and, as such, does have an overabundance of skulls...) which should let me get a good variety of shots with it - and handle much larger figures as well!


But that's not all I've gotten done today.  I have the piece ready to go for this month's painting competition - but no pictures today, as I forgot to snap one...  But I did get another figure finished, one of the Games Workshop Assassins, and a figure that will see quite a lot of use for Dijete, a charact in a Forgotten Realms game I am taking part in (not mine, however):


That's all from me for today, folks.  Don't expect much from tomorrow's post, but Tuesday and Wednesday should see a bit from me - I have another small piece that I'll be working on finishing up very quickly for a friend, and I'll also be starting on the Skaven Doomwheel.  It should be... glowy.

Until next time, then, readers - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment