Sunday, June 8, 2014

I would call it a rust bucket, but that would imply it can carry something

Good evening once more, readers.  After a hectic weekend (and no post yesterday), I am back with my accomplishments for the day.  While I am tired from two nights up too late playing in Attack Wing events, I have put paint to figure with the Skaven Doomwheel - the latest competition piece that I am working on.  There's a long ways to go yet, but I have a solid start on it.

We'll start off with an earlier picture of it - and why I referred to it as a Rust Bucket.  I started with a slapdash coat of Ryzia Rust from Games Workshop on the metal bits to give them a rusted look:


 And then started painting the metallic color over it to give it a well-worn and integrated look (which should get better as I get the other two coats on it):


It's an early start, and I have some bits that I haven't even decided on what I'm going to do with them yet (though I will most assuredly do something with them, never you fear!), but it is coming along nicely - and I have lots of time this week to make sure it's all done right.

Until tomorrow, folks, when I shall hopefully have the bulk of the metal bits done.  Until then?  Paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment