Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Does it count if it's digital?


Greetings, all.  Another day gone, and it's time to see what I've been up to.  As promised, I have something a bit different for you all - I got some line art from another player in my group for Argos Magebane, and I've spent my evening working on getting the first few steps done on him - in short, turning that line art into a solid reference sheet for him.  The colors are rather flat right now - but tomorrow, I'm going to quickly go in and add in the highlights and shadows on it.

The process is much the same as it is for painting a miniature - you need to know your colors, define your shadows, and build up to your highlights - but working on a computer can make things quite a lot easier, as you don't need to blend the colors beforehand, and you can zoom in as far as you want in order to get the details exactly right (which, of course, can also take quite a lot of time).

But, you want to see the pic, don't you?  Well here you go:


And that's all I have for today.  Tune in tomorrow for the finished product - and maybe another figure to ogle.  Until then, folks - paint on, even if it is on a digital canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment