Wednesday, June 25, 2014

She may be more than a little bit country...

Hello again, loyal readers!  Another day passed, and it's time once more to see what I've done.  Today is a bit off the rails for me - rather than completely painting one figure, I've sorta started on two - mostly because I thought the two could do well with the same skin tone.  But first, just to give you an idea of how much work I put into each of these figs, here's a pic of the pile of paint bottles that I have and will use with the cowgirl:


Each of those little bins holds three bottles of paint.  The ones on the left are the ones I've already used, and the ones on the right are waiting to be used.  Yes, that's 21 distinct colors of paint that are going onto that one figure - not counting the white for her eyes, or whatever color I choose for her irises.  But you're not here to look at my paint collection are you (note to self - snap picture of paint collection).  You want to see the figures!

Well, we'll start with the Wizard, since his sculpt had a bit of a flaw in it.  Not a big one, but enough to look like he had a rather large, nasty gash in his arm.  So, what else would I paint it up as than a large, nasty, and rather bloody gash in his arm?


But I know that blood's not what draws you all here several times each week.  And here you're patience will pay off, as the figure I've put most of my work in tonight is right here:


This is not the first time I've painted up this figure.  That was early last year, in a big old gift to my gaming group where I painted up models for each of their characters.  It was certainly the most telling show of how disparate our characters tended to be!

But that's all I have for tonight.  I probably won't have anything new for a few days - but that just means when I do post next, I'll get all the more page views!  So, stay tuned to see when I update next, and until then - paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment