Friday, April 25, 2014

Feel the power!

Good evening, readers!  Not a lot new on my plate today.  I have assembled the next piece of the Skaven army (I'll post up the rest of what I have so far sometime this weekend, when I get it all set up and get pictures of it), which you can see here:


After talking with Sean from the Games Workshop store, I thought I'd take a bit to talk about basing miniatures and some of the things that I've done with them (along with how-tos on how to accomplish them), so through the next several days, I'll be digging through my Photobucket account (which you can certainly browse at your leisure here: Magius's Photobucket Library  - though do note that I haven't uploaded new pictures there for a while...  I really should rectify that...  Well, that's what this blog is for!  Also note, some figures presented are NSFW)

I'll start with one of the easier ones to do, but one that will definitely give you a very creepy vibe if you do it correctly - the Fog/Cloud base:


How this one works is after basing the model with the appropriate color (I like to use white for figures that are supposed to be in a deep fog, or normal basing if they are just walking around), you take a piece from a cotton ball, shred it out until its a good fit for the base, and glue the cotton wisps to the base.  This gives the figure the look of walking through a dense, low fog (great if you don't like painting feet, or really mess up the bottom part of the figure - or even just hate doing bases in the first place).  Really, that's about it, and it can give you some really impressive results.

Like this one, which I just painted up tonight.  Let's  give a warm welcome to one of the LE Sophie miniatures from Reaper Miniatures!  (It feels good to get a miniature finished in a single evening again):



Thank you everyone for reading, and I hope to have more to share with you all tomorrow (though I never know what I'm going to grab to paint).

No comments:

Post a Comment